Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Streamline By Jennifer Lane Happy Release Day!

 
Seems like Leo Scott has it all: looks, brains, and athletic talent. He’s captain of his high school swim team with a bright future in college and beyond. But Leo has secrets. His mother’s crippling car accident has devastated his family and left Leo to deal with his father’s abuse, battered and alone. 

Leo’s girlfriend Audrey Rose is poised for her own share of success. As one of Florida’s top high school swimmers, Audrey dreams of college swimming stardom. But there’s an obstacle to her glorious rise to the top. Her number-one supporter--her father--is in prison for murder. 

Part murder mystery, part tale of young love in a military family, this gripping story takes readers on a journey from Pensacola to Annapolis. Leo and Audrey must band together to rise above the adversity they encounter and find their true selves in the process. When everything’s on the line . . . streamline. 

INTERVIEW WITH LEO SCOTT AND AUDREY ROSE

Today is a great day for A Diary Of A Book Addict! Today we have Leo and Audrey here from Streamline by Jennifer Lane. Guys I am so excited to finally meet you. I absolutely love your story. You guys are role models to others going through rough times. After reading your story and crying half way through I realized that living in a military family is very hard. Your fans have a few questions for you guys and I just want to say thank you for stopping by and sharing your story. It is never easy to share personal things that happen behind closed doors but by sharing your story you are helping others who are going through the same thing. You are encouraging them to seek help when it is needed and teaching others that the code of silence is not good for some things. 

Well enough rambling on……. (I am totally blushing looking at Leo) *winks* 

 
Leo 

First of all, thank you for having us to your blog, ma’am. *hides blush* Audrey is the real hero in all of this—not me. Now that the word’s out about my family, I guess it’s okay to talk about it, especially if I can help others. But it still makes me uncomfortable. Dr. Ina would probably tell me to man up and face my fear, so here we go. 

What was it like growing up with a strict father? 

It was fine until my mother’s accident. My father was just trying to keep us in line, especially Jason. Jason—my older brother—he likes to push people’s buttons, and he got in trouble a lot more than me. But after my mother’s accident, she wasn’t really around, and my father changed. It was…tough. I couldn’t please him anymore, no matter how hard I tried. 

Why did you start swimming, was it to get away from CS? 

You’re referring to my father—Commander Scott. And no, I didn’t start swimming to get away from him. I started swimming because the first time I won a race, my father had this huge smile on his face when I got out of the pool. He practically suffocated me when he hugged me, and he told me how proud he was. It was the best feeling in the world. 

What went through your mind when you and CS had the last altercation in your room? 

All I could think about was Audrey. I was worried he might hurt her, and I tried to do all I could to stop him. *frowns* That didn’t turn out so great. 

How do you feel about your father after everything happened? 

*pauses for a long time* Can I pass on that question, ma’am? I don’t really know. I guess part of me hates him, and part of me…might still love him. *sneaks a glance at Audrey* But that sounds stupid. 

Do you and Audrey plan on getting married? 

Definitely. I’d marry her tomorrow, but her father said we’re too young. I guess he’s right. At least he hasn’t made her wear the chastity belt like he threatened! 

*Audrey laughs* 

How are Jason and your mother doing? 

They’re good. It’s kind of amazing, actually. I wish I could be as strong as them. 

This question is kind of personal and you really don’t have to answer it, but what advice would you give to someone going through what you and Jason did? 

Dr. Ina told me each family is different, and all I know is my messed-up family. My best advice is not to give up on your parents, no matter how bad things get. Try to help them be better people if you can. 

 
Audrey 

What was it like growing up in a military house? 

Normal! I don’t know any other way of growing up. Everyone assumes my Navy officer dad is the tough one, but my mom’s the one who wears the pants. My dad’s a big softie at heart. 

Did you know your father was an alcoholic? 

*looks down* I knew he’d been divorced before he married my mom, but I didn't know why. When that awful stuff came out in the court martial, I cried so hard. I couldn't stop crying. Leo helped me get through it. 

*Leo reaches for her hand* 

How did you feel when you found out Leo was being abused by his father? 

Sooooo furious. And guilty too. I couldn’t believe that was happening this whole time and I didn’t do anything about it. 

*Leo interrupts* It’s not your fault, Aud. 

It’s not yours, either, Leo. 

What was going through your mind when you saw Leo lying unconscious on his bedroom floor? 

I was so scared I thought I’d get sick. *pauses* Can we talk about something else? 

What are your and Leo’s plans for the future? 

I decided I’m going to major in psychology at Florida State. I figure Leo’s my first case study. 

*Leo’s mouth drops open* Hey! *Tickles her* 

*Audrey shrieks* 

*Leo grins* Dr. Ina told me psychologists are the craziest people around, so that IS a good major for you. 

*Audrey shoves him* 

How did you deal with your dad being in prison? What advice do you have for people going through something like that? 

At first I was mad at the world. I didn’t want to visit him in there because it made me sad, and I couldn’t sleep or eat very well. *Takes a deep breath* But I think the best thing coming from all the bad stuff is learning to lean on Leo. It’s hard to talk about things you’re ashamed about, but when the truth came out, we grew a lot closer. And what Leo said about trusting your parents—not giving up on your parents—is really smart. I can’t believe I’m admitting that. *grins* 

*Leo kisses Audrey on the cheek* 

Leo, Audrey thank you so much for coming to A Diary Of A book Addict and sharing your stories. Your story and strength and courage you have shown WILL help someone going through the same thing. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming and sharing your story. Happy Swimming and happy living!

Places to find Jennifer Lane, Author of
Romantic Suspense featuring Healing and Redemption
Streamline to be released March 27th, 2012
With Good Behavior (The Conduct Series #1) released July, 2010
Bad Behavior (The Conduct Series #2) released March, 2011
Swim Recruit (Young Adult short story) released July, 2011
Twitter: JenLanebooks
Goodreads: Jennifer Lane

3 comments:

Jennifer Lane said...

Thank you so much for joining the party, Tee. Leo and Audrey loved visiting your cool blog!

Tee said...

Thanks Jen I had a blast and I can't wait for the tour!

Jennifer Lane said...

Hi Tee, I'm highlighting this post on my blog today for the A to Z Blogging Challenge. http://adiaryofabookaddict.blogspot.com/2012/03/streamline-by-jennifer-lane-happy.html