Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Always a Bridesmaid by Cindi Myers Review and Special Post by Author Cindi Myers

She's sworn off weddings…
After two failed relationships and six stints as a bridesmaid, Stephanie Ludlow is convinced she’s man-poison. So when her hormones point due south to her sexy—but not so charming—new landlord, she can't help the sparks that fly. It’s a good thing she’s declared a strict "no sex" policy, because Mike Brubaker might as well have “it’s not happening” tattooed across his delectable chest.

He's sworn off love…
Spurned single dad Mike has learned the hard way women are the source of all evil and should be avoided at any cost. And that definitely includes his gorgeous new tenant. But when they're thrown together in the wedding party from hell, both will stop at nothing to fight the heat building between them. Giving in is not an option for either of them.

May the best man—or woman—win. 

My Review
    
5 Heart Review Stella Read

First I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Danielle @ Entangled for allowing me to read this book. For those of you who have not had a chance to check out Entangled's website here is the link http://www.entangledpublishing.com/

Always a Bridesmaid is a book that captures you right from the beginning. Stephanie is looking for love but can't seem to find it. Mike is a divorced father that has given up on love. Why love when it leads to heart ache and pain? So when Mike and Stephanie meet they don't know what hit them. Mike is fascinated with Stephanie while Stephanie is in awe of Mike.

The only thing is when you have been burnt from a relationship you learn to put up walls and set boundaries to ward people away from you so you don't get hurt. Can Mike and Stephanie stay away from one another? Or will they give in to their desires and mend each other's broken heart.

This book took me on such a ride that at times I was laughing and at times I was screaming at Mike and Stephanie. Mike is definitely a guy I would bring home. He is a dedicated father that has a lot of love to give to the right girl. Stephanie is such a great woman who has her head on straight. She is goal oriented and knows exactly what she wants. In the end they will have to make a decision and that decision is to love or not to love........

I heard this song by Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson Don't You Wanna Stay and this song sums up Stephanie and Michael enjoy the video http://youtu.be/0c4ti6TKzt0

Cindi Thank you for stopping by A Diary Of A Book Addict and sharing Short Treats and Long Pleasures

I love to read, but at different times, I like to read different things. Sometimes I really crave a big, meaty book – one I know I will spend days, even weeks devouring. That’s when I reach for a big, fat historical saga or women’s fiction or fantasy. 

Other times, I want something short that I can read in a matter of hours. I want to get absorbed in a fast-paced story with wonderful characters and get to the happily-ever-after moment without a long wait. For those times, contemporary category romance is a sweet treat. Even if I only have a few hours on a busy weekend, I can read a complete story and be totally taken away from the mundane stresses of everyday life for a little while. 

Entangled Indulgence books are the perfect size for those quick reads. The stories feature characters I can relate to or would want to know, and some emotionally rewarding, fast-paced romance. 

Short books are an addictive pleasure, too, -- sort of like M&Ms or potato chips – I read one and I want to read another one. If I find a line I like, I can read a half dozen in a row – a different one every night. 

My idea of the perfect vacation is an ebook reader full of short, contemporary romance novels, a comfy lounger on a sunny beach and a handsome guy to bring me fresh fruit and drinks. 

I think I like to write short contemporary romance for the same reason I like to read it – the story is short enough I can hold it all in my mind while I’m writing it. And since there isn’t a lot of extra world-building and complex subplots to manage, I can really focus on my hero and heroine and their romance. 

Always a Bridesmaid is the story of what happens when two people who think they have more important things to do than fall in love get together and try to fight their instant attraction. The heroine, Jennifer, has been burned twice by love, so she's turned her focus to getting her master's degree while divorced dad Mike is concentrating on raising his son. The two end up as roommates and learn what they think they know about love is no match for what they feel in their hearts. 

It’s the kind of story I like to read – but I’m curious to know what others have to say. So what’s your preference – long books or short ones? Or do you like to mix it up? 

Cindi Myers is the author of more than 50 novels, including Always a Bridesmaid, from Entangled Indulgence. You can find her on the web at www.CindiMyers.com

No comments: