Friday, September 13, 2013

Relativity by Cristin Bishara Book Review

Book Description:

If Ruby Wright could have her way, her dad would never have met and married her stepmother Willow, her best friend George would be more than a friend, and her mom would still be alive. Ruby knows wishes can't come true; some things just can't be undone. Then she discovers a tree in the middle of an Ohio cornfield with a wormhole to nine alternative realities. 

Suddenly, Ruby can access completely different realities, each containing variations of her life—if things had gone differently at key moments. The windshield wiper missing her mother’s throat…her big brother surviving his ill-fated birth…her father never having met Willow. Her ideal world—one with everything and everyone she wants most—could be within reach. But is there such a thing as a perfect world? What is Ruby willing to give up to find out?

Goodreads:

My Review

5 of 5 Relativity

Relativity is an amazing read! Lord who would not want to live a different reality? Every kid has wished their life was different in one way or another. The only difference is that the reality of it is that it won't happen but for Ruby she gets a whole lot of realities.

Ruby wishes for so many things. She wished her mother was still alive. She wished her best friend George liked her more than a friend. She wishes her father never re-married Willow because with Willow came her nasty daughter. Ruby knows wishes don't come true but yet everyday she wishes for something in the hopes it will come true. Then one day Ruby discovers a tree with a hole in it. When she enters the hole she realizes that she can have any reality she wants.

Ruby can have her mother alive. She can have George as much more than a friend and she can have her father back with no step mother or step sister. But what happens when those fake realities are not enough? What happens when you can't change the fact that your mother is dead and you father has moved on? What happens when you realize that your best friend is just that your best friend? Ruby will have to face these realities so to speak but what unfolds is such an amazing story.

I have to say this because I usually don't read books like this but man oh man this book took me by surprise. It had so much in it that I was hooked right from page one and when I finished I wanted more because Ruby was such a great character that kept me entertained!

Author Bio:

Like most writers, I've been making up stories since I was a kid and never stopped. 

I went to Kenyon College in idyllic Gambier, Ohio where I majored in English. Then I got my M.F.A. in creative writing (poetry) from St. Mary's College of California in Moraga.

For a long while, I worked as a freelance copywriter. I've also taught a few writing classes at the university level. These days I live in Florida with my husband, two girls, and our greyhound, Guinness. I'm working on my second YA novel.

Find Cristin On Her Website:

No comments: