About The Book:
Rhiannon Thomas's dazzling debut novel is a spellbinding reimagining ofSleeping Beauty and what happens after happily ever after.
One hundred years after falling asleep, Princess Aurora wakes up to the kiss of a handsome prince and a broken kingdom that has been dreaming of her return. All the books say that she should be living happily ever after. But as Aurora understands all too well, the truth is nothing like the fairy tale.
Her family is long dead. Her "true love" is a kind stranger. And her whole life has been planned out by political foes while she slept.
As Aurora struggles to make sense of her new world, she begins to fear that the curse has left its mark on her, a fiery and dangerous thing that might be as wicked as the witch who once ensnared her. With her wedding day drawing near, Aurora must make the ultimate decision on how to save her kingdom: marry the prince or run.
Rhiannon Thomas weaves together vivid scenes of action, romance, and gorgeous gowns to reveal a richly imagined world … and Sleeping Beauty as she’s never been seen before.
Rhi has written an incredible continuation of Sleeping Beauty. Not only has she weaved a great story but she has created a world where the fairy tale comes to life.
Princess Aurora has been asleep for 100 years and life has gone on without her. The king and Queen are ruling the land and doing things their way. Then one day Princess Aurora gets a kiss by a handsome Prince and awakens to a world and people she does not know.She has no idea what is going on in the kingdom but she is about to find out that everything is not what it seems and people she thought she could trust she can't.
Her family is dead and her Prince is a complete stranger to her. What can she do? What should she do? She knows one thing that her life has been planned out for her from before her birth. She will have to learn the kingdom and all the people in the village. When things start to come out she will have to decide what she is going to do.
Will she run? Will she stay? Who will she trust? What truths will she learn about her King and Queen? This is a must read for all lovers of fairy tales!
About The Author:
The Short Bio
Rhiannon Thomas is an English Lit grad from Princeton University. She currently lives in York, England, in the shadow of a 13th century Gothic cathedral. When she isn’t lost in YA fantasy, she writes about feminism and the media on her blog, Feminist Fiction.
The Bigger Picture
1. I grew up in England, but I moved to the US in 2007 to go to university. I moved back when I realized that Americans don’t have jaffa cakes.
2. I have both a British accent and an American accent. When I’m in the US, talking to someone American or feeling nervous, I switch to the accent I picked up when I lived in the US, which is apparently so convincing that some people knew me for years before they realized I wasn’t American.
3. My debut novel is about Sleeping Beauty, but my favorite fairy tale is The Little Mermaid.
4. My first fandom was Harry Potter, followed swiftly by Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, LOST, Doctor Who, and many, many, many others. I’m currently most likely to get overly geeky about A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones.
5. I made it through 22 years of my life without getting stung by a bee or a wasp. Then I sat on a wasp nest.
6. The area where I live is famous for ghosts. The city ghost walks go down my street every night, and one house I considered renting is known as “the Plague House,” because it’s famous for the ghost of a girl who died during the plague. I decided to live elsewhere.
7. My favorite YA authors include Leigh Bardugo, Libba Bray, Marissa Meyer, Rainbow Rowell and Courtney Summers. My favorite non-YA authors include Jane Austen, George Eliot, Scott Lynch and George RR Martin.
8. I’ve been to every Disneyland except the one in Hong Kong and (sadly) the one in Florida. One day I hope to complete the set.
9. I’m 100% non-sporty, but I love the Tour de France.
10. And my most embarrassing fact… I play Dungeons and Dragons every Tuesday evening with some of my closest friends. I play an awkward elf wizard called Ara. Cos I’m cool like that.