Monday, September 12, 2011

Accordance By Shelly Crane

Accordance  (Significance, #2)
Title: Accordance


Author: Shelly Crane

Series: Book # 2 of Many

Release Date: September 20, 2011

Source: Book from Author

Shelly Crane’s Website: http://shellycrane.blogspot.com/2011/09/to-feel-paper-between-your-fingers.html

Blurb: In the sequel, Maggie learns much more about all the strange things that happened to her, and has to face new ones. She rebels against it, but ultimately, must face it for her new families’ sake and maybe even her life. Bish went from being her biggest supporter to her biggest pain in the butt and Kyle's intentions to attract her interest may not be so innocent. Caleb and Maggie face many new obstacles together and fight to work through them but will one that should be a good thing be too much for Maggie to handle?

Warning: HOLY COW! This book was so much more than I expected! It was so much more!

My Rating:     

My Cover Thoughts: I absolutely love this cover. It is of a tree with leaves growing on it. To me the tree signified a new grow and change for the coming season. Change is always good when you’re with the one you love. The saying on the cover is so true. To become what you’re destined to be, you have to first find out who you are.

My Thoughts/Review: In Significance we found out the Maggie and Caleb had imprinted and are soul mates. She is coming to terms with it but is having a hard time because her best friend Kyle wanted to be more than just friends and was upset that Caleb had imprinted with Maggie when he knew how Kyle had felt about her.

Then there was Marcus who was upset that The Jacobson clan had imprinted at all and to make matters worse it was with a human girl. That was unheard of and it upset Marcus and his uncle. Marcus and his clan had not imprinted and they longed to find their soul mates to. So Marcus decided he would follow his uncle’s advice and help him hurt Maggie so they could stop her from being with Caleb.

In Accordance Maggie is still struggling with her feelings for Caleb and her family. She is still in danger and she just wants to have a normal life with Caleb by having a normal teenage relationship by hanging out, going to the movies and just enjoying Caleb. That is impossible because she and Caleb have gone away for the summer so she does not get hurt again and in leaving they are whisked away to new problems and new advisories.

Maggie is starting to understand her abilities and she is also given some new ones. With Caleb by her side she knows she can do anything but what is a girl to do when she has her older protective brother right by her side. Bish does not really know what is going on between Maggie and Caleb and he does not care. All he knows is that his sister was happy one day with no boyfriend and then he comes home to visit and she can’t seem to stay away from this guy. He is upset and wants to know what is going on and he will stop at nothing to find out. While on his quest he finds he is starting to like someone he does not think he can have. So with all this pent up anger what is a big brother to do?

You add Kyle to the mix and Bish is totally confused. He knows they have been friends since childhood but he is not so sure why Maggie doesn’t like Kyle in that way when it is clear that Kyle loves Maggie and would do anything to be with her. Kyle makes innuendos and passes at Maggie and Caleb would love nothing more than to kill him but Maggie knows what Kyle is doing and that is to make Caleb mad and jealous so he can feel what Kyle feels. Caleb knew Kyle loved Maggie for all these years and now that they are imprinted Kyle has to sit by and watch Caleb win the girl of his dreams.

This story continues on Maggie’s quest to find herself and the truth of what is really going on with the clans. With this quest comes some self searching and her realizing that she is destined to do something great. Can she fulfil the prophecy in time and can she be with Caleb like they were meant to be. Can Maggie help Kyle see what he is doing to her and Caleb is wrong. Can she have her friends and family and still keep this secret she is holding. In the end Maggie must make the ultimate sacrifice. Can she do it??????

Memorable Quotes: Kyle and Maggie at the club where Maggie has just had another vision. There were a couple energy ribbons bouncing behind Beck’s head. Oh no, no! What could I do? Everyone was going to see and I couldn’t stop. My body was too worked up. I looked at Kyle helplessly, knowing there was no way to explain or make him understand. And he looked back knowing there was nothing he could do either. I hid my face and took a deep breath. Kyle pulled my face back to look at him with a hand on my cheek and I didn’t think, I just acted, or reacted rather.

Then I remembered Caleb and I practiced reigning it in and kissing seemed to have worked, so without any thought to consequences for Kyle or me or Caleb, without any wonder to what Beck would think about seeing me kiss Kyle, without any thought at all really except to keep everyone from seeing what I was…

I reached up from my knees on the floor and kissed him.

I held his collar for stability and though Kyle’s mind was shocked and unsure, his hands definitely knew what to do. They snaked themselves around my waist and he had an inkling, an after thought really, that there was more to this. That there was a very good reason I was kissing him that had absolutely nothing to do with my wanting him, but he didn’t give a flip at the moment. This was what he had waited for, for two years and he was going to savor it.

He kissed nothing like Caleb. His lips felt all wrong and nothing like the love I felt all through me when Caleb took my lips. All I saw and felt was Kyle‟s want and desire for me. With Caleb there was love, protection and adoration mixed in with a need to make me happy and comfortable but with Kyle, he was solely focused on the fact that he‟d wanted me for so long and could never have me. That thing inside me that told me what I was doing was so, so wrong was pulsing and screaming uncomfortably. I pulled back, hoping the short kiss had been enough to stop the uncontrollable Visionary in me.

“I’m sorry,” I told him quietly, looking up into his unbridled eyes.

I was losing control. I couldn’t think of anything else to do.”

“Maggie, what happened?” he asked breathlessly.

“I had a…” I looked at Beck sitting there waiting for her own explanation with wide unbelieving eyes and knew I couldn’t give him an answer. Beck’s mind screamed the fact that she was confused at why I was kissing Kyle. “It was nothing.”

Advice: This series is a must read! I love Shelly Crane’s writing style and I love how her story draws you in and you can feel each characters emotion and feel their pain.

Image and Blurb from: http://www.goodreads.com/

No comments: