Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Unexpected Forever By Heidi McLaughlin First Teaser

Teaser:

“When did you and Mason start dating?”

Katelyn pulls back a little and looks at me. Her head moves from side to side. She pulls her lip in between her teeth. I reach out and pull it out with my thumb and place a kiss where she was biting it.

“You don’t have to answer.”

“It’s not that. Do you really want to know?”

I take this opportunity to pull her into my arms. “He’s a part of your life and he’s part of the girls’ life. I’ll never ask you not to talk about him when I’m around. I’ll never ask you to stop loving him. If he was here, I’d hate him.” I shake my head because that’s not true. “No, I probably wouldn’t know you if he was here and for that I’m both thankful and remorseful because his girls are the best, most beautiful that I’ve ever encountered and I want to do right by not only them, but him too.”

Tears begin to roll down her face. I wipe them away before she has a chance to. She stares at me with wet eyes that are breaking my heart. I didn’t mean to make her cry, but it’s the only way I can get across with how I feel. 

“We started dating the summer after freshman year. He was so popular and cute. My mother said he only wanted me for my swimming pool, but that wasn’t the case. We all grew up that summer.”

“Liam told me a lot about him. Sometimes I feel like I know him, especially when I’m with you and the girls.”

Katelyn smiles and curls up in my arms. “Everyone loved him. He was the high school football star who returned to coach the team. He was supposed to go to school with Liam, but changed his mind and gave up a scholarship to the University of Texas to go to the state school with me. I wonder now, had he went with Liam, if things would be different.”

Goodreads:

Lost in You - Out Now!

Forever My Girl - The Beaumont Series #1 

My Everything - A Beaumont Series Novella

My Unexpected Forever - The Beaumont Series #2 - September 1, 2012

A USA Today Best Selling Author

An Amazon Best Seller

A Barnes and Noble Best Seller


No comments: