Saturday, May 30, 2015

Around The World ARC Tours Presents One by Sarah Crossan


Synopsis:

Tippi and Grace share everything—clothes, friends . . . even their body. Writing in free verse, Sarah Crossan tells the sensitive and moving story of conjoined twin sisters, which will find fans in readers of Gayle Forman, Jodi Picoult, and Jandy Nelson.

Tippi and Grace. Grace and Tippi. For them, it’s normal to step into the same skirt. To hook their arms around each other for balance. To fall asleep listening to the other breathing. To share. And to keep some things private. The two sixteen-year-old girls have two heads, two hearts, and each has two arms, but at the belly, they join. And they are happy, never wanting to risk the dangerous separation surgery.

But the girls’ body is beginning to fight against them. And soon they will have to face the impossible choice they have avoided for their entire lives.

Goodreads:


Review:

One...... One....... One...... this was such a different book for me to read but I laughed and I cried and I thought about the documentaries I watched about Conjoined twins. I as a mother can not express what I would do and how I would react to it all but this book had me crying and thinking and looking on the internet of conjoined twins and watching their stories and it really broke my heart.

This story follows conjoined twins who decide they want to be separated and live a normal life. But as they soon found out that being separated was not going to be easy and the ups and downs they have to go through will tear at your heart and you feel like you are right in the room with them.

In the end they make a decision and what happens afterwards will shock you. This book is not for the weary or faint of heart because it deals with some serious issues. 


About Author:

I grew up in Ireland and England then lived in NewYork for seven years. These days, I can be found in or around London. 

I worked as an English teacher for many years, which I loved, but I have given that up to write full time. I work from home in a specially built garden studio where I am surrounded by piles of books and half finished mugs of jasmine green tea. Biscuits and silence help me to work. 

I have dreams of one day owning a Ruby Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a resplendent orange tree. I would also really like the chance to write loads, loads more books. 

Favorite writers:

Virginia Woolf, Margaret Atwood, Kazuo Ishiguro, Judy Blume, Jeanette Winterson, Malorie Blackman, Julia Donaldson, 

Favorite illustrators:

Rebecca Cobb, Oliver Jeffers, Kevin Waldron, Jon Klassen, Anthony Browne, Yasmeen Ismail, Chris Haughton

Favorite films:

Toss up between Dirty Dancing and The Goonies 

Favorite TV shows: 

Breaking Bad, Fresh Meat, The Killing, Borgen, The Bridge, My Mad Fat Diary, Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy

Favorite colour:

Pink

Favorite drink:

Green tea with jasmine

Favorite food:

Bread - really, really good bread with loads of unsalted butter

Favorite places:

New Zealand, Co. Donegal, Vermont 

I am represented by Julia Churchill at A.M. Heath Literary Agents.

No comments: