Monday, June 15, 2015

Around The World ARC Tours Presents Play On (Lewis Creek #1) by Michelle Smith


Synopsis:

Baseball, family and breaking free from the confines of small town thinking — Play On is a Southern charmer with a lot of heart!" - Robin Constantine, author of The Promise of Amazing

In the small town of Lewis Creek, baseball is everything. Especially for all-star pitcher Austin Braxton, who has a one-way ticket out of town with his scholarship to a top university. All that stands between him and a new start is one final season. But when Austin starts flunking Chemistry, his picture-perfect future is in jeopardy. A failing grade means zero playing time, and zero playing time means no scholarship.

Enter Marisa Marlowe, the new girl in town who gets a job at his momma's flower shop. Not only is Marisa some home-schooled super-genius, she's also a baseball fanatic and more than willing to help Austin study. As the two grow closer, there's something about Marisa that makes Austin want more than just baseball and out of Lewis Creek--he wants a future with her. But Marisa has a past that still haunts her, one that she ran all the way to South Carolina to escape.

As Austin starts to peel back the layers of Marisa s pain, it forces him to look beyond the facade of himself and everyone he thought he knew in his town. What he sees instead is that in a small town like Lewis Creek, maybe baseball isn t everything--maybe it is just the thing that ties them all together." 

Goodreads:

Now available through: 


Review:

Play on is one of those books that will stay with you for a long time. 

I love small town stories. In Play On we get to see a whole town devoted to Baseball and the players. The better you are the quicker you can get out of town and play for the Majors.

We meet All Start Pitcher Austin Braxton. He eats, sleeps, and breaths baseball. He is in his senior year and guaranteed a college scholarship to play baseball but there is one thing standing in his way. His Chemistry class. He just can't get it and he is struggling and told if he can't pass it he will have no playing time which means no scholarship. 

That is when Austin remembers Marisa the new girl working for his mother. He asks her to help him out with his Chem class and she agrees. As they spend more time together Austin learns about himself and his town and Marisa comes face to face with her issues she ran from.

These two will have to help each other out and the only way to do that is to support each other. Can they do that??????? or will baseball be the one and only thing left for Austin.

ABOUT MICHELLE 

The unofficial version: I’m a YA writer, storyteller, book nerd, Southern girl, and Nerdfighter. I love baseball and football and Carolina nights. I fully believe that Friday Night Lights should be required viewing. Give me coffee and I’ll adore you forever. And don’t you dare come between me and my sugar stash. I can’t guarantee the safety of your fingers.

Crazy-stupid love makes my heart go pitter-patter. Country music makes me swoon. Mash ’em together, and you’ll get my books. (Except for that little Apocalyptic I wrote. You won’t find much southern romance there. ;) )

Mental health awareness is a passion of mine. My heart lies within a few amazing organizations, including To Write Love on Her Arms and The Trevor Project.

I’m represented by Lana Popovic of Chalberg & Sussman. Please direct all rights inquiries to her.

Welcome to my little corner of the internet!

~*o*~


Photo by Laura Stockdale

Michelle Smith was born and raised in North Carolina, where she developed a healthy appreciation for college football, sweet tea, front porches, and a well-placed “y’all.” She’s a lover of all things happy, laughs way too much, and fully believes that a little bit of kindness goes a long way.

Michelle lives near the Carolina coast with her family.

CONTACT 

Need to reach me? You make my heart happy! Send an email to MichelleSmithYA@gmail.com. No spam, please. Spam makes my heart sad.

I’m always on Twitter. Always.

I’m also on Tumblr.

Here’s my corner of Facebook.

Please direct all rights inquiries to my agent, Lana Popovic of Chalberg & Sussman.

No comments: