Monday, January 18, 2016

Martin Luther King Day Celebration 2016 I Have A Dream..................




Today was MLK Day and I celebrated it by going to a service. As I was sitting there listening to all the speakers and the music I was brought back to a time where people were persecuted for the color of their skin. I am so blessed to be in a time where I do not have to suffer in silence.

They sang the Negro Anthem Lift Every Voice and Sing by James Weldon Johnson



And as they were singing I thought about all the freedoms we have today and all the freedoms we abuse. I for one am very grateful to have the freedoms we have because I have had three years of hell and have finally landed on my feet. As I sang along with the choir I couldn't help but tear up and thank God for all he has done for me and my family and where he has brought us from.

I have freedom and I am so happy to be alive because of Doctor Martin Luther King's Dream and visions as well as others.


Take the time out today or tomorrow to thank those who have given us the freedoms to be free!

No comments: