Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Oil Tycoon and Her Sexy Sheikh By Ros Clarke Book Review and Interview


His duty, her dreams, undone by their desire...

In the male-dominated oil industry, executive Olivia McInnes plays a careful game - she's cold, uncompromising, and ambitious as hell. Once she seals the deal to drill in the clear waters of Saqat, she'll finally prove herself worthy to take the reins of her father's oil company. Her only obstacle is marine biologist - and Saqat's royal heir - Sheikh Khaled Ibm Saqat al Mayim, who's determined to protect both his people and his country from environmental devastation...

It's not long before Olivia's icy cool exterior is shattered by the intelligent and wickedly hot sheikh, and business is surpassed by sweet, stolen pleasures. But outside the bedroom, there's reality to be faced. Soon Khaled must return to his obligations - and his betrothed - in Saqat.

Caught between duty and ambition, can an oil tycoon and a sexy sheikh find room for love... or will this business deal spell disaster for them both?

MY REVIEW

5 OF 5 OIL RIGS 

Okay I have to say I am a sucker for romance stories and ENTANGLED has cornered the market with their romance stories.TOTAHSS is one of those books that you share with your girlfriends as a must read because it is a great love story. Sometimes people find love in the last place they expect to and in this case it is two people trying to prove something to someone and they end up falling in love.

Olivia is out to prove to her father that she can do a mans job. She will run the family business and bring in profits better than any man can. She will sacrifice her love life and friendships to make sure her father can see her as an equal. Then she is given a chance to prove her worthiness to her father but there is a catch to that. She will have to get the contract of a lifetime and the person she has to get it from may be a bigger problem then she anticipated. What will Olivia do? Will she be able to land that account that she so needs? Will she find out what true love is? Will she sacrifice it all in the end?

Khaled is a Sheikh who will do anything for his people. When his people want oil he is willing to meet with Olivia to see if there is a way to provide the oil to his people without hurting them and the environment. See Khaled loves the environment and wants to protect it at any cost. When he meets Olivia sparks fly between them but he is a jerk at first offering her only one night because he is to marry someone from his tribe. It becomes apparent that one night is just not enough for him and he struggles with his feelings. What will he do? Will he give in to his feelings for Olivia? Will he allow the oil to be used? Will he go against what has been instilled in him to pursue true love?

I really loved this story and I can't wait to read more from Ros Clarke.

INTERVIEW WITH ROS CLARKE

Ros thank you for stopping by Kaidans Seduction today. We are so happy to have you here. I have to tell that Entangled never ceases to amaze me with the books they are publishing. I love each and every one they have come out with. You authors have blessed us with such great stories and SUPER SWOON WORTHY MEN!

Aw, thank you! I’m so happy to be with Entangled, and happy to be here at Kaidan’s Seduction today.

What inspired you to write The Oil Tycoon and Her Sexy Sheikh?

Oddly enough, I was inspired by the events of the Arab Spring last year. It made me realise just how much more interesting the real Middle East is, compared to the fictional versions of it we so often see in romance novels. I always love a sheikh story, but I wanted to see if I could write one in a much more contemporary way. Oil is obviously a huge issue in the Middle East and that gave me the basis for the plot of the book.

Have you ever been to the Middle East?

Never. I’m not much of a traveller, to be honest. I’ve had lots of friends who have lived in Eastern countries, either as expats or citizens. But mostly I did my research online.
If you could describe Olivia and The Sheikh in one song what would it be and why?

I don’t really listen to a lot of music, I’m afraid. I know some authors have playlists and theme songs for each book, but I just don’t work that way. I guess if I were to pick a song, it might be the old classic, I Will Always Love You. It’s about letting go of someone, even though you love them, because you know that will be better for them. Both Olivia and Khaled are prepared to sacrifice their own happiness for the sake of the other – even if that means walking away.

Where is your favorite place to write?

I have a beautiful office out in my garden. It’s an old Shepherd’s Hut, and looks a bit like a gypsy caravan. I can sit at the desk and look out over the fields and let my imagination go.

Are you an e-reader or book person?
Both! I have, um, a lot of paper books. Way too many to fit in my tiny house, so I took the plunge and got an ereader a couple of years ago for practical reasons. I’ve been surprised just how much I like it, so these days I mostly buy books in digital format.

Do you have a favorite genre you read?

I mostly read contemporary and historical romances. I’m very shallow – I like books where the heroines get to wear gorgeous clothes and live in fabulous houses.

What is your next project you are working on?

I’m working on a couple of things at the moment. Another Indulgence, a short story and hopefully some historical romances. Watch this space!

Thank you so much again for stopping by Kaidans Seduction. The fans really appreciate it. We look forward to reading more from you soon.

Thanks for having me!

More details and an excerpt are available here.

Buy Links
Amazon  Amazon (US)

Amazon UK Amazon (UK)

Barnes & Nobles  B&N
Ros is a writer, a student, a church worker, a crafter, a blogger, a twitterer, a lazy gardener, and an appalling housekeeper. She lives in a sixteenth century shed in England and is very glad that it has twenty-first century plumbing. She is interested in almost everything except cricket and football (US and UK) and mostly she likes happy endings in fiction and in real life.

Ros has been writing stories for as long as she can remember, never dreaming that other people would be interested in reading them. A few years ago, she discovered a writing forum on the internet, and has never looked back. Her head—and her hard drive—are full of ideas for fresh, fun, contemporary romances that she hopes you’ll love as much as she does.

You can find Ros on 




Come and say hi!

No comments: