Sunday, March 17, 2013

Page Turner Book Tour Presents The Rebels (The Empire series) by Elizabeth Lang

The Rebels (The Empire series) 

Blurb: 
With Adrian's jump gate, the Empire is readying to take the fight to their enemies. The Rebel Alliance takes advantage of this opportunity to expand it's power and bring down this oppressive regime.

The charismatic Tucker and his second-in-command, Dain, are at the vanguard of this Rebel push, but is everything as simple as it seems?

Adrian is once again caught up with factions vying to use his brilliant mind when a bounty hunter recaptures him while Kali and Bryce try to save him.

Will they succeed? Are the Rebels their salvation or is there a hidden agenda that will destroy them all?

Charles Sester the psychostrategist is back and at his manipulative best, but whose interests is he serving this time? 


My Review

5 of 5 Rebels

I have to say that this review was a little hard to do. I hate putting in spoilers so I kept having to erase what i wrote. So I will first start by saying that I normally don't read Science Fiction. With that said the minute I picked up The Empire I was hooked. I have never ever read a story where I could see myself in another time and place. I really enjoyed the world that Elizabeth has created. Can you imagine people wanting to hunt you down for something you possess that they want? You really don't understand it at first but as time goes on and you see what they are willing to do to you to get what they want you become determined to keep everyone around you safe and sound. But how do you do that without anyone getting hurt or even getting hurt yourself?

Adrian is running for his life as well as the ones he loves. He knows that he is being sought after for his mind. They want his mind and they will stop at nothing to get it. But Adrian wants to keep everyone he loves safe and he wants to keep his mind in tact so what can he do? He decides to run because running seems to be the quickest and safest way to deal with these people. Only he does not realize he has a hunter on his tail and that hunter will stop at nothing to get him back to where he belongs. 

Adrian finally realizes that laying low was a mistake because the hunter was able to track him and has captured him and now what is he supposed to do? Where will they take him? Will they hurt him or kill him? Will he ever see his family again? This is a story about surviving against all odds and it is incredible how much Adrian goes through and decides that he will have hope and trust that at the end of the day he will survive this bump in the road.
 
About Elizabeth Lang:
I'm a science fiction writer who started off life as a computer programmer with a love for reading, especially science fiction, fantasy and mystery. 

Being in computers, I found my writing skills deteriorating so I decided to take up writing. It became a joy to create characters, stories and worlds and writing soon became a passion I couldn't put down. As a writer, I like to explore, not only the complexity of characters but the human condition from differing points of view. That is at the heart of the Empire series, of which 'The Empire' and 'The Rebels' are the first two of a four books series.

You can connect with Elizabeth Lang at the following places: 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm glad you liked the book.