Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday Morning Ramblings...

This weekend I spent the entire weekend reading and playing with the kids. I am currently reading Uprising by Shelly Cane and I am loving it! I have found another series that has captivated me. Shelly is such a great writer. She brings you into the story like no one else can. When I am reading it I feel like I am right there with the characters living their lives and feeling their pain.


I also finished Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker and that book was great as well. Melissa poses some deep questions about faith and love in this book. One thing I realy enjoyed about the book was that it made you look at what you believe in and how we perceive the world is not always the way it is. Their is a heavy lesson learned in this book and it is definitley a summer read.


This week I am going to read The Sleepwalkers by J. Gabriel Gates. This book looks so good and comes out October 03, 2011


The Sleepwalkers
A chilling and masterfully crafted teen horror novel guaranteed to keep the pages turning, the mind reeling, and the lamp on any reader's bedside table on long after midnight. Privileged and popular Caleb Mason is celebrating his high school graduation when he receives a mysterious, disturbing letter from his long-lost childhood playmate, Christine. Caleb and his jokester friend Bean decide to travel to his tiny hometown of Hudsonville, Florida, to find her. Upon arrival, they discover the town has taken a horrifying turn for the worse. Caleb's childhood home is abandoned and his father has disappeared. Children are going missing. The old insane asylum has reopened, and Christine is locked inside. Her mother, a witch, is consumed with madness, and Christine's long-dead twin sister whispers clues to Caleb through the static of an a.m. radio. The terrifying prophesies of the spirits are coming to pass. Sixteen clocks are ticking; sixty-six murdered souls will bring about the end of the world. As Caleb peels back layer after layer of mystery, he uncovers a truth more horrible than anything he had imagined, a truth that could only be uttered by the lips of the dead.



Food for thought: When your down grab a great book and read for seven minutes to take your mind off of things.


Quote: You feel that I‟d never hurt you, don‟t you?” I did. Loud and clear. I nodded.
“Why? Why do I feel that?”
“Because you are my significant. My soul mate. And I‟m yours. We imprinted with each other. I guess because you saved me... I‟m not sure. It usually doesn‟t happen when we‟re this young. And it hasn‟t been happening at all with the families.”
“Imprinted?” I said breathily.
“Imprinting is when we sort of stamp a seal on each other. You‟re imbedded in me and I in you. And it‟s very rare to imprint with a human.”


Significance By Shelly Crane

Happy Monday everyone and happy reading today :)

  



No comments: