Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Hidden Fire by Elizabeth Hunter

A Hidden Fire by Elizabeth   Hunter

Title: A Hidden Fire

Author: Elizabeth Hunter

Series: Book # 1 of

Release Date: October 18, 2011 

Song: 

Trailer:

Website: http://elementalmysteries.com/

Source: ARC Copy from Elizabeth Hunter


Click on these links to view my review and purchase the e-book:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Fire-Elemental-Mysteries-ebook/dp/B005VTVE0U/ref=sr_1_7?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1318862454&sr=1-7

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-hidden-fire-elizabeth-hunter/1106676574?ean=2940013283251&itm=5&usri=a%2bhidden%2bfire



Blurb: "No secret stays hidden forever ..."

A phone call from an old friend sets Dr. Giovanni Vecchio back on the path of a mystery he’d abandoned years before. He never expected a young librarian could hold the key to the search, nor could he have expected the danger she would attract. Now he and Beatrice de Novo will follow a twisted maze that leads them from the archives of a university library, through the fires of Renaissance Florence, and toward a confrontation they never could have predicted.

A Hidden Fire is a paranormal mystery/romance for adult readers. It is the first book in the Elemental Mysteries Series.

Warning: This book is CALIENTE! Fire HOT… HOT…HOT…

My Rating: 10 The best book I have read in a while!

My Cover Thoughts: I absolutely love the cover. It is a picture of a library on fire. I love libraries and I love to read. If you have not gone to an old library you must find one and visit it. Old libraries hold so much mystery and intrigue you will be inspired to sit and read or sit and enjoy the priceless history you are looking at.

My Thoughts/Review: OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! This story had me on the edge of my bed all weekend. Once I started reading it I could not put it down. It starts off in a library which I totally loved. It took me on a ride that started with laughter to tears to wonderment to outright anger. The emotional roller coaster was the best thing about this story because you were routeing for “B” and Gio and then you were like what the heck?

This story held me captivated because Elizabeth did such an awesome job of weaving something new into her story. Yes it is about vampires but the new spin she placed was that all vampires have an affinity to them. They could be earth, water, fire or air. With the new take the vampire could use the affinity it was blessed with to fight for good or evil.

In this story the main character “B” had to decide who to trust. She had been betrayed but a lot of people she loved and trusted and in the end she just did not know who she could trust. It was hard for her because she wanted to love and be open but she guarded her heart and never let her true feelings show through until she knew that person felt the same for her.

There is mystery and intrigue in this story and a romance that will be put to the test. Is some love worth fighting for? Is some love worth letting go? You decide!

If you like books that have some history in it you will love love this story. This is a story that will have you guessing who “B” is going to be with? Will she ever get the man of her dreams? Will her heart be broken? What happens to her family and friends?

Take a wild ride with “B”, Gio, Carwyn, Casper, Isadora, Tenzin, and Lorenzo. You will not be disappointed! I know I was not and the second book comes out in December 2011.

Memorable Quotes: Page 214/215 Carwyn talking to Gio There was a long pause on the line before Carwyn continued in a soft voice.

“Did you trade those damn books for her like Gav said?”

He cursed in a dozen languages before he answered. “He was experimenting like the sick

little bastard that he is. He was going to take her, but I’d tipped my hand before. He was trying

to determine if it was Beatrice or the books I was reacting to. It’s better ...” He cleared his throat

before he continued. “It’s better for her if he thinks I’m not attached to her.”

He gripped the doorjamb, cracking the oak paneling and sending plaster dust crumbling to

the floor.

“You’re right,” Carwyn said in a soothing voice, “he won’t hurt her. He needs her to retrieve

her father. We just need to get her back before Stephen De Novo hears about this and returns to

Lorenzo. If that happens, all bets are off.”

He couldn’t find the words to speak to his old friend, so he took a deep, measured breath.

The scent of her fear still permeated the living room, and he clenched his eyes in frustration.

“Giovanni,” Carwyn was saying, “you realize, she might not understand. You know—”

“I know,” he muttered. “I knew the minute I let him take her she might never forgive me for

it. But it’s better than her being injured or tortured to get back at me.”

Advice: This is a must read story that has love, faith, trust and learning who you are all wraped into one.

Image and Blurb from: http://www.goodreads.com/

No comments: