Monday, July 30, 2012

Oracle by J.C. Martin Book Review



Oracle
by J.C. Martin
Release Date: July 30, 2012
Target Reader: Adult
Keywords: Thriller/Suspense, Law EnforcementWords: 84,000
Violence Level: 3 of 5
Paperback: 978-1-937744-08-3, $14.99
ebook: 978-1-937744-09-0, $4.99
Kindle: $4.99

Description:
As the countdown begins, the body count rises.

With London gearing up to host the Olympics, the city doesn’t need a serial killer stalking the streets, but they’ve got one anyway.

Leaving a trail of brutal and bizarre murders, the police force is no closer to finding the latest psychopath than Detective Inspector Kurt Lancer is in finding a solution for his daughter’s disability.

Thrust into the pressure cooker of a high profile case, the struggling single parent is wound tight as he tries to balance care of his own family with the safety of a growing population of potential victims.

One of whom could be his own daughter.

Fingers point in every direction as the public relations nightmare grows, and Lancer’s only answer comes in the form of a single oak leaf left at each crime scene.

MY REVIEW
5 of 5 Oracles

I would like to thank JTaylor Publishing for allowing me to be a part of this tour. I have not read a lot of adult books this year but the ones I have had a chance to just throw me for a loop because they are so GOOD! Oracle was one of those stories that threw me for a loop. When I started reading Oracle I was amazed at the authors descriptions of the places and things surrounding the characters. I don't know about you but I need that in my reading because I like to visualize where the character is and what the character is doing.

Picture this London, the Olympics are in full swing and there is a serial killer on the lose. No one knows who it is or why he or she is doing these horrible killings but they know it must stop. Detective Inspector Kurt Lancer is the man for the job or is he. Kurt is handling some problems of his own while working on this case. He is a single father to a disabled daughter and he will do everything in his power to protect her. He will go to the ends of the earth for her and when it is apparent the serial killer is not about to stop killing Kurt has to put his personal life aside to catch the killer. Will he find out who the killer is in time? Will he be able to get enough clues? Will he be able to help his daughter? Will London survive the Olympics?

Come along for the greatest ride of your life. Once I started reading I could not stop and when I had to because my eyes were closing I woke up the next morning early so I could finish reading it. This is one murder mystery you will want to crack!

J.C. Martin is a butt-kicking bookworm: when she isn’t reading or writing, she teaches martial arts and self-defence to adults and children.

After working in pharmaceutical research, then in education as a schoolteacher, she decided to put the following to good use: one, her 2nd degree black belt in Wing Chun kung fu; and two, her overwhelming need to write dark mysteries and gripping thrillers with a psychological slant.

Her short stories have won various prizes and have been published in several anthologies. Her debut novel, Oracle, will be released by J Taylor Publishing on August 1st, 2012.

Born and raised in Malaysia, J.C. now lives in south London with her husband and three dogs.

Follow J.C. Martin:
website: http://jc-martin.com
twitter username: JCMartin_author

No comments: