Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Author Spotlight Shey Stahl

Happy Tuesday! I have been in a reading funk and I knew I needed something to get me out of it. So I was cruising my favorite blogs when I came across these lovely covers for Waiting For You and Everything Changes. So as you know I am a cover lover so I started out with Everything Changes and I fell in love with Shey Stahl's writing. Lord she had me laughing, crying, and ready to jump in the book and kick some serious BUTT! Then I started reading Waiting For You and I could not put it down. So of course the crazy blogger I am I started searching for Shey on the internet and found out that one of the characters I loved from Waiting For You is in her Racing on the edge series that I am going to read like ASAP! There are five books so far in that series and I can't wait. Plus Shey has another book coming out called Delayed Penalty and here is the cover and the blurb and this book comes out May 28, 2013 so go out and add it to your goodreads TBR pile https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17254529-delayed-penalty
A minor penalty that is not called until the offending team gains control of the puck. As long as the non-offending team maintains possession, the referee allows play to continue and signals a delayed penalty by raising his arm.

I’m Evan Mason, an NHL hockey player for the Chicago Blackhawks. I spend my nights roughing up two hundred pound defensemen and, at times, spend more time in the penalty box than I do on the ice.

That’s my job. 

One night changed everything I thought I once knew about my life on, and off, the ice. 

A girl. 

A brutally beaten girl left to die in an alley.

I don’t know why or how but something made me stay that night after taking her to the hospital. I didn’t know her, nor did I have an obligation to stay but something inside of me rooted me there telling me I should stay. Saving a life is worth something. At least I thought so. And I wouldn’t have been me if I just simply left her there. 

Any man who put his heart and soul into a game of hockey couldn’t just walk away when someone needed them. She had no one else right now. The same guy who saw determination where there was desire, now saw hope where there was once despair.

I couldn’t leave. That wouldn’t be me. No, not a man that put all he had into something some called just a game. I couldn’t walk away from her holding onto life, weak and powerless to something she had no control over.

So I stayed. In a room full of family members praying for their loved ones to pull through, I prayed for a girl I didn’t know and had never met before, to have a beating heart. While others’ sorrows turned to grieving pain, I sat waiting on the words of the unknown.

No bond is stronger than the ones you’ll bleed for.

So what do you think so far..........
Bailey Gray is tired of her perfectly planned life. Everything about her life has been organized and lived out to the expectations set of her parents. She is the class valedictorian, has perfect grades, the perfect friends, a perfect boyfriend, basically perfect life...or so everyone thought. That's when she realizes the path planned isn't always the path chosen. 

On graduation day she makes a decision. One that changes everything she thought she knew about her intended future.

On a whim, she runs away with the town rebel, Dylan Wade, in search of the unknown.

Dylan Wade isn't looking to run away from anything.

He knows what he wants as he's been waiting on it for years.

On a journey to find the unknown, they discover a friendship they once knew along the open highway and have not a care in the world. Between the yellow and white lines of the heated summer asphalt, a spark draws them together as Dylan's past and Bailey future try to ripe them apart.

Could it be that Dylan and his GTO are exactly what her perfectly planned life needs?

My Review

5 of 5 GTO's

HOLY HADES is what I am thinking and feeling right now. I just finished Waiting For You and my heart and head are all over the place. I absolutely loved loved this book and I need more of Dylan and Bailey. God if ever two people should be together and are soul mates it is this couple. I can't imagine having my life planned out for me by my parents. Every little thing planned out even who my boyfriend was and my best friend. Lord talk about control freaks for parents. That is what made this story so intriguing I could not put it down. 

Bailey and Dylan were best friends from the age of three. The two of them were always together no matter what. That was until Dylan's mother was killed in an accident and he started to rebel against everyone and anything. But Bailey still loved him from afar. She had her life according to her parents and she had to do what she was told because her father was the mayor of their town. But on graduation instead of giving her speech she gave her own speech and life changed for her that day of graduation. Because she took off with Dylan and started to think and do things for herself.

Dylan was lost after he lost his mother and then his older brother left. But Dylan stayed and watched Bailey from afar never ever letting anyone hurt her. He loved her since he was three and kept that to himself. So when Bailey decided she wanted to leave he asked her north or south and they started on their road trip. But Dylan was keeping a secret from Bailey that would crush her if she knew the truth but Dylan was determined to show Bailey a great time even if it was just for a summer. Dylan and Bailey had a lot of firsts and memories they created on their road trip so when the time came and the secret was exposed the two of them ended up parting ways.

The secret consumed them and ate at them and then the decisions were made that they needed to go about their own businesses but love has a way of finding it's soul mate. What will happen when the dust settles and the blinding truth comes face to face with love can love win or will secrets and lies destroy soul mates?
I knew a boy once.

He was a boy that changed everything.

I didn't know Parker O’Neil outside of the occasional smile and wink. The AMA Supercross racer came to our small town one winter, and I had no idea what he was capable of. How could I have known that he would change my life forever that summer? Eventually, the occasional smile became a smile I grew to love and longed to see. The occasional wink became a gesture that made my soul sway and my heart ache. In the canyons of the desert, he showed me his lifestyle and his love.

What I didn't see was the control he had over me. It was a power the glitz and glamour of his professional lifestyle had and eventually what tore apart any life I thought I knew. In his world of banging bars and soaring jumps, there was no room for someone like me. But for five years, every time he called or touched me, everything changed again. It was a touch that could heal anything and a smile that could light even the darkest nights.

My Review

5 of 5 Supercross Racing

Can I just say WOW and more WOW for this book. Where to start this review is beyond me. I laughed, I cried, and then I laughed. Crap I have never been so emotional over a book in a long time. I mean DAM this book was such an emotional journey that I never expected I was just taken by surprise. Shey is a great writer who pulls you in and keeps you right there in the moment. Man I have to say that I was right there every step of the way with Parker and Rowan. I loved how their relationship came to be and how it unfolded and how they had to both grow up and see things for what they were. They needed to stop living on fear and enjoy what they have.

Parker is a shy guy that moves to another town after a tragedy in his life. His older brother Justin and him move in with family and decide they will make a go at this town they are in. Parker is the star of the brothers because he is an AMA Supercross Racer. He has won several titles and stopped racing for a while to get his head cleared. It is in this new town that he takes a job at the local body shop and meets the owners daughter Rowan or Ro as he calls her. Because Parker is shy and keeps everything bottled up inside Ro does not realize Parker likes her. As the school year winds down and the summer approaches Parker wants Ro to go with him on the road while he practices his racing. Ro agrees only because her best friend Addy is in love with Parker's older brother Justin.

Ro is a quiet girl who works for her fathers body shop. She hangs with her best friend Addy and loves to take care of her sick mom. Addy has never had a boyfriend so when she feels something for Parker she is not sure what it is. AT first she thinks it is just a crush but as they get to know each other she realizes that it is love. She is excited that her and Addy are going to spend the summer with the O'Neil boys but she is nervous as well because she gets all flustered around Parker and can't seem to get words out to talk to him.

As Addy and Ro get ready to go on the road for the summer Ro is about to realize her life is going to change and in a very big way. Ro realizes that Parker is her first love and she will do anything to hold on to him but she is also guarding her heart because she knows that Parker's first love is Supercross Racing. As the two develop a relationship and and try and find balance between them something happens that will rock their worlds and they will have to fight for what they want. But what happens when you don't know how to express yourself? What happens when the rubber meets the road and you have to make a decision between being comfortable or living on the edge.

This story will rock you to the core of your being. If you are looking for a great love story this is it with all it's toss and turns and curve balls this is the BEST NA book I have read all year! This is a must read and I will read it again and again!

Other Books By Shey:
Racing On The Edge Series
Happy Hour (Racing on the Edge, #1)
Black Flag (Racing on the Edge, #2)
Trading Paint (Racing on the Edge, #3)
The Champion (Racing on the Edge, #4)
The Legend (Racing on the Edge, #5)
Shey Stahl is a romance writer who enjoys writing about racing and a good love story that will sweep you off your laughing ass. Growing up she was surrounded by racing watching her dad at the local Northwest tracks. 
Writing wasn't something she thought she would ever do but when a rough pregnancy landed her on bed rest three years ago, a passion was discovered. Now, aside from chasing around her little princess with magical powers, it's rare for her to put down the pen.

Contact

Email:

Facebook:

Twitter:

Blog:

No comments: