Saturday, September 22, 2012

Our Blissful Bayou Beginnings (The Duck And The Doe, #1) by Danielle Peterson Book Review


The Duck And The Doe is the tale of two immortal beings whose eternal love has soured a bit in the last two centuries. Written as memoir by the "hero," this novella is a musing on both what love is and how much America has changed since the early 19th century. The first volume deals with both the supernatural and the racism of the old American south. Told with humor and passion (and the occasional rant) the story of these strong characters, including a wealthy young lawyer and a clever courtsean, will change your idea of what "love forever'' really means.

MY REVIEW

5 OF 5 HEARTS

First I would like to thank Danielle for allowing me to read and review her book. I love Novella's and when she asked me if i would be interested in reading her book I said yes. As I started reading I was instantly captivated by it. Duck and Doe are two immortals who have loved each other for centuries and they have hit a rough patch in their relationship.

They are living in the 18th century where everything is so different and Duck and Doe have to adjust to their new surroundings. We get the story as a memoir by Duck and the way he tells it at times made me laugh and at times made me mad. In the 18th century men had to marry according to status and Duck is set to marry a uppy woman as he called her. But as the story goes on we find that Duck and other men in that era could go to the brothel and be with any woman they chose. That bothered me because the girl he was engaged to did not deserve that kind of treatment.

Love is such a crazy emotion to deal with.When you love someone you give them your all through the good, the bad, and the ugly. Duck and Doe survived lot's of eras and lot's of mistakes on his part but at the end of the day Duck redeemed himself. This is such a great read and short and had me wanting more. When I got to the end I was like oh hell no I need more. Danielle great job! Great story!

I was born in Spokane, Washington, smackdab in the middle of the 80s. I attended Mt Spokane High School and Spokane Community College, and then after a failed marraige moved to The Netherlands, where I have lived for almost five years now. I currently study International Public Management and I live with my boyfriend and our dog.

As for my likes? Well, even though I know it isn't very intellectual of me, the time that I don't spend working or writing I am most likely to be playing on my PS3. I also love reading, of course, and I have a stack of books so tall it obstructs the window next to my bed. Lately I have been getting into vintage vinyl, but I'm not like, hip or anything. I don't listen to club covers of Yaz or anything, mostly Fleetwood Mac and Heart and Elton John.

FOLLOW DANIELLE PETERSON:

WEBSITE: http://wordswithdani.com/

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/wordswithdani

TWITTER: @wordswithdani

GOODREADS: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14087452-our-blissful-bayou-beginnings

YOU CAN PURCHASE THE BOOK AT AMAZON AND SMASHWORDS

No comments: