Friday, October 19, 2012

Waking Up Immortal by Rachel Carrington Promo Blitz

I could die today, and it wouldn’t matter. I’d still wake up tomorrow. Some people might consider that a good thing, and the time I took my first bullet, well, I can’t say I complained when I woke up, but that’s the middle of the story. 

At first I didn't want this "gift" which led me to a long search for my father. I thought he could help me. Turns out my father was in prison, and I just happened to get on the bad side of his warden—a huge, cyborg type of guy who could body double for Sylvester Stallone. He didn't want me to see my father, and he was a pretty big obstacle for me to overcome. 

So here I am trying to convince this guy, Kier, to let me see my father when all hell breaks loose. Then I suddenly learn I really don't want to see dear old Dad after all. My life isn't in danger, but how I spend the rest of my immortal existence is. The only thing standing between me and certain torture is Kier. 

I don't doubt he'll protect me, but being so close to him makes me forget about things like safety. And the first time he kisses me turns into heat up the windows type of scene in the front seat of my car. 

My immortal existence is safe with Kier. My heart is on shaky ground. Only I could fall in love with a cyborg while my life is going to hell in a handbasket.
RELEASE DATE 
OCTOBER 20, 2012

ADD TO YOUR GOODREADS TBR LIST

ABOUT RACHEL

I spent seventeen years working as a paralegal before I left work to focus on my writing career. Working in the legal field gave me plenty of fodder for writing suspense which I didn't really do until 2006.

For the first part of my writing career, I focused on fantasy and paranormal romances, mostly wizards. I still love my wizards, and every now and then I get a desire to bring one to life again, but in 2006, romantic suspense caught my attention. And that's where I'm happy right now, although I have branched out into a couple of other genres.

If you've read my book Burning Reflections, you'll know I go for the seriously creepy villains, much like one you might see on Criminal Minds if you watch that show. (I'm addicted!) 

My love for writing suspense is fueled by my love for crime dramas on television, and I'm so thankful I stepped into the 21st century and finally got a DVR. Otherwise, my writing might suffer! :-)

WHERE TO FIND RACHEL
WEBSITE:

FACEBOOK:

TWITTER:

YOUTUBE:

No comments: